Valencia will continue playing the Super Cup in the courts

first_imgValencia returned almost a week ago from Saudi Arabia, where it fell in the semifinal against Real Madrid. But the Super Cup is still present in the black and white offices, where today a ‘party’ is dazzled in the courts. All this for the economic distribution that the Royal Spanish Football Federation decided to make, a distribution against which Valencia was opposed from the outset for feeling aggrieved compared to the rest of the participants and relying on his status as champion of the Copa del Rey. Valencia, as reported by the SER, is increasingly aware of the judicial process. AS already informed before the Celades team traveled to Saudi Arabia that the club had sent the contract presented to it by the signed RFEF but with nuances. Specifically it included his disagreement with the economic distribution and adventure that would take the measures considered appropriate to defend his interests. The RFEF, according to black and white sources, has not returned that modified contract with the signature of Rubiales and nothing suggests that an agreement is reached without the mediation of a judge.The defense of Valencia, among other arguments, takes as a reference the economic conditions received by Barcelona, ​​who attended the event as a League champion such as the Valencia Cup champion. Both clubs, according to the black and white club, made the same merits to be present in Saudi Arabia. Hence, the difference in the economic distribution is considered grievous. Barcelona returned from Jeddah with 6.8 million euros, for the 2.5 million of Valencia. Real Madrid, meanwhile, as champion, exceeded 8 million, while Atlético dividends are around 4.5 million.last_img read more

Read More

Murder accused attacks, stabs inmate with knife

first_img– suspect alleges victim, other inmates plotted to kill him during breakfastA prisoner who is on remand for murder at the Mazaruni Prison, Region Seven (Cuyuni-Mazaruni) took matters into his own hands and stabbed a fellow inmate several times after overhearing that there was a plot to kill him during breakfast.Twenty-seven-year-old Wayne Gilbert reportedly told prison officials that he retaliated after another prisoner, who was also on remand for murder, attacked him on Wednesday morning.Reports are that around 07:10h on the day in question, the cells in the “B Watch” section of the Mazaruni Prison were opened and it was then that a 28-year-old inmate, Rickford Jones, allegedly attacked Gilbert, stabbing him to his right hand.A scuffle then ensued between the two men which resulted in Jones receiving two stab wounds to his right elbow, one stab to his left shoulder, and another to a left rib.It was at this point that prison officers on duty became aware of the brutal fight and intervened. They then transported Jones to the Bartica Regional Hospital where he was admitted for treatment.Meanwhile, Gilbert was escorted to the Bartica Police Station, where the knife used in the attack was handed over to the Police. During a caution statement, Gilbert admitted to stabbing Jones, but explained that he acted in self-defence.He reportedly told Police that on Tuesday, he overheard a discussion among Jones and two other inmates making plans to kill him the following morning. An investigation has been launched into the alleged plot.Less than six months ago, Samuel Little, 23, of Stewartville, West Coast Demerara, who was on remand at the Lusignan Prison Holding Bay, died as a result of injuries he received during an altercation with another inmate.It was reported that the now dead man was struck with a piece of wood to his head several times.Given the serious injuries sustained, Little had been taken to the Georgetown Public Hospital for emergency medical treatment and was admitted. However, he died shortly after while receiving treatment for his injuries.last_img read more

Read More