President Kenyatta is instead calling on leaders to shun politicizing the revenue formula and find a solution where equity and fairness shall prevail, a move supported by Deputy President William Ruto who said magnanimity must prevail and no county should feel disadvantaged by any method agreed.Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153 DP Ruto while addressing a delegation of elders and leaders from Bungoma and Trans Nzoia Counties, at his Sugoi home in Uasin-Gishu County said Senate has the requisite leadership and wisdom to reach a consensus that takes into account all the parameters to balance between the populous and disadvantaged counties.Also Read Relief for families as MOH revises Covid-19 burial protocolsHis sentiments were shared by Nyandarua Governor Francis Kimemia and Nakuru Deputy Governor Dr Erick Korir who called for equity and fairness in revenue allocation claiming activities in devolved units have stalled.Also Read Uhuru calls for rebuilding of the UN to better address emerging challengesThe development coming as Narok Senator Ledama Ole Kina hinted of a breakthrough in the deadlock soon. President Uhuru Kenyatta has defended the executive from the wrangles at the Senate over the revenue sharing formula.The Head of State said the third basis formula for sharing revenue among counties was proposed by the commission and has nothing to do with the executive.Speaking at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC), President Kenyatta insisted that the crucial revenue sharing parameters are set out by the commission on revenue allocation and not the executive.Also Read 152 more test positive as Kenya’s COVID-19 cases hit 36,981
Peter Fury says details of Tyson Fury’s long-awaited rematch with Wladimir Klitschko will be announced by the weekend.The 27-year-old Fury (25-0-KO18) defied the doubters in November when he outpointed the long-reigning Ukrainian (64-4-KO53) in Dusseldorf to clinch the WBA Super, WBO and IBF heavyweight crowns. Klitschko was quick to exercise his contractual right to a rematch and, although negotiations have been lengthy, there seems to finally be light at the end of the tunnel – with Team Fury seeming to hint their man could enjoy home advantage.Trainer Peter Fury said via social media: “Some big news coming imminently on @Tyson_Fury @Klitschko venue/date/country. Expect announcements in next 24/48 hours!!“Bringing massive fights to England for the fans & clean up the division. Their [sic] should only be one champion & our aim is doing it & FAST!!”He then told Sky Sports: “We are confident [of home advantage]. Nothing is agreed until it’s said and done but we’re optimistic. There have been no disagreements – we’re in unison and we’re working around the clock to get the results we need.”With Fury’s fellow Briton Anthony Joshua challenging Charles Martin on Saturday for the IBF belt Fury was stripped of, Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn suggested a unification bout between Fury v Joshua in the future is probable.Fury is expected to attend Joshua’s big night at The O2 after the challenger accompanied an offer of ringside tickets with a ‘fat boy’ taunt.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved a waiver request allowing Florida food stamp recipients to purchase their groceries online.The approval was announced on Saturday, April 11, just one day after Florida’s Governor Ron DeSantis directed the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) to begin developing plans to implement an online purchasing program for Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients.The current federal regulations prohibit SNAP recipients from purchasing groceries online with an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. Last week, Florida submitted a waiver to participate in the USDA’s Online Purchasing Pilot, which ensures Floridians can access nutritious food online through the currently authorized SNAP online retailers like Amazon, ShopRite and Walmart.“Allowing Florida families to purchase groceries online instead of venturing into a public store is a sound practice during this public health emergency and yet another step that will help Florida flatten the curve,” DeSantis said.With the spread of the novel coronavirus, many are concerned that forcing low-income individuals — who are more likely to have serious underlying health conditions — to shop in-store could expose them to unnecessary risk. After the USDA’s approval was announced Saturday, Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried praised the feds for making an exception for Floridians.“I thank the USDA and Secretary [Sonny] Perdue for granting the state’s request to bring safer grocery options to Florida’s families in need,” Fried said.According to USDA, Florida’s SNAP participation is nearly 3 million individuals, about 1.5 million households, and totals nearly $4 billion annually in federal funding.