Hargreaves backs Van Gaal for title

first_img Hargreaves, 33, whose four years at United from 2007-11 were ravaged by injury, told BT Sport: “If they can get the players necessary I don’t doubt that Van Gaal could even lead them to the title. But they need to have a great summer. “I doubt anything less than minimum Champions League (qualification) and even potentially competing for the title would be sufficient for him. I can’t imagine him coming there to finish fourth. “He has been so successful everywhere he’s been, so I don’t think they could have had a better option at this point. “His sides play good football, they try and dominate possession and wait for that opening and I think United fans will be excited.” One of Van Gaal’s first acts has been to appoint Ryan Giggs as his assistant manager, a move Hargreaves thinks could prove a shrewd one. Hargreaves said: “Nobody knows Manchester United better than Ryan Giggs. “He is arguably the greatest player ever to play for the club and still commands the respect of the current players and has that connection to the fans. “To have Giggsy, with his knowledge of playing at Manchester United, learning under one of the most well-prepared coaches in the modern game – it’s just a perfect combo.” Press Association Holland coach Van Gaal, who will take charge at United after this summer’s World Cup, has already spoken of his desire to reclaim the Barclays Premier League crown for the club. Hargreaves accepts a squad that finished seventh last season does need to be rebuilt but the ex-England international is convinced Van Gaal is up to the task. center_img Former Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves believes new manager Louis van Gaal is capable of winning the title in his first season at Old Trafford.last_img read more

USDA Approves Florida’s Request For SNAP Recipients to Use EBT Online

first_imgThe U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved a waiver request allowing Florida food stamp recipients to purchase their groceries online.The approval was announced on Saturday, April 11, just one day after Florida’s Governor Ron DeSantis directed the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) to begin developing plans to implement an online purchasing program for Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients.The current federal regulations prohibit SNAP recipients from purchasing groceries online with an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. Last week, Florida submitted a waiver to participate in the USDA’s Online Purchasing Pilot, which ensures Floridians can access nutritious food online through the currently authorized SNAP online retailers like Amazon, ShopRite and Walmart.“Allowing Florida families to purchase groceries online instead of venturing into a public store is a sound practice during this public health emergency and yet another step that will help Florida flatten the curve,” DeSantis said.With the spread of the novel coronavirus, many are concerned that forcing low-income individuals — who are more likely to have serious underlying health conditions — to shop in-store could expose them to unnecessary risk. After the USDA’s approval was announced Saturday, Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried praised the feds for making an exception for Floridians.“I thank the USDA and Secretary [Sonny] Perdue for granting the state’s request to bring safer grocery options to Florida’s families in need,” Fried said.According to USDA, Florida’s SNAP participation is nearly 3 million individuals, about 1.5 million households, and totals nearly $4 billion annually in federal funding.last_img read more