Former Indiana coach Kevin Wilson calls in plays from the sideline against Northwestern on Oct. 22, 2016. Credit: Courtesy of IU AthleticsFormer Indiana coach Kevin Wilson has been hired as Ohio State’s new offensive coordinator, a team’s spokesman announced on Tuesday. Wilson will also coach tight ends.Ryan Day, who was announced as quarterbacks coach last week, was also named co-offensive coordinator by OSU coach Urban Meyer. Day replaced Tim Beck who joined former OSU offensive coordinator Tom Herman’s staff at Texas last weekWilson, who resigned from Indiana on Dec. 1 following allegations of mistreating players, including forcing members of his team to play through injury, had a career record of 26-47 with the Hoosiers in six seasons at the helm. During his time, the Hoosiers were 0-1 in bowl games before Indiana reached the Foster Farms Bowl this season, where they lost 26-24 to Utah.Associate head coach Tom Allen replaced the outgoing Wilson.Wilson coached at Miami (Ohio), Northwestern and Oklahoma before he was hired in 2011 at Indiana. Wilson was the co-offensive coordinator at Oklahoma under coach Bob Stoops from 2002 to 2005, then offensive coordinator 2006-2010. Wilson’s offenses frequently ranked among the best in the country over his eight years at Oklahoma, including a then-NCAA record of 716 points scored in the 2008 season.Since his introduction as Indiana’s coach, Wilson has been involved in multiple close matchups with the Buckeyes, including a 38-17 contest this year which had Indiana well within striking range at halftime. No word has been given by OSU as to whether or not the move affects offensive coordinator Ed Warinner. The Buckeyes open their season on Aug. 31 against Indiana, Wilson’s former team.
OSU sophomore forward Lindsay Agnew (20) throws the ball into play Oct. 24 in a match against Iowa at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. OSU lost, 2-1. Credit: Regina Bonfiglio / Lantern photographerWhile trying to keep its hopes of making the Big Ten Tournament alive, the Ohio State women’s soccer team fell to Iowa, but bounced back against Nebraska.The Buckeyes (6-9-3, 3-6-3) and Cornhuskers (7-9-2, 3-7-2) played to a scoreless first half on Sunday before OSU broke through with three goals in the second.Before the barrage of goals, OSU entered halftime with a 4-1 lead in shots and 2-1 lead in shots on goal. Coach Lori Walker said the team contained the Cornhuskers’ offense through teamwork.“Everything for us recently has just been about taking care of ourselves and not giving away opportunities for other teams to capitalize on,” Walker said. “You do that by playing together and playing as a united group.”Things picked up in the second half when Nebraska senior forward Mayme Conroy scored the first goal of the game off an assist from junior defender Jaylyn Odermann to give Nebraska a 1-0 lead in the 57th minute.The Buckeyes responded in the 76th minute when a cross from sophomore forward Nichelle Prince allowed freshman forward Sammy Edwards to tie the game.OSU went ahead in the 87th minute after freshman midfielder Nikki Walts nailed a 22-yard shot. The Buckeyes cemented the victory after Prince finished a breakaway into an empty net in the 90th minute to give OSU the 3-1 win.The Buckeyes outshot Nebraska, 25-7, in the game.Senior midfielder Ellyn Gruber said the Cornhuskers’ style of play was a challenge but OSU was able to match it.“They were very physical and very aggressive,” Gruber said. “I think we handled that aggression very well and played physical right back.”Walker praised the team’s ability to respond after giving up a goal in the second half. “If anyone has had the best training in adversity this season, it’s been our squad,” Walker said. “We got down and were able to pick ourselves back up.” The win was the first for the Buckeyes since defeating Northwestern on Sept. 28. OSU had gone 0-3-3 since that game. Prince said getting the win felt like the culmination of the stretch. “We’ve been on a very long journey,” Prince said. “We’ve been working really hard and it’s been hard to get results, but we’ve pushed through and haven’t given up yet.”It was a different story when the Buckeyes played Iowa on Friday. The Hawkeyes took the early lead after senior forward Cloe Lacasse put a header in the back of the OSU net in the fifth minute. The rest of the first half remained quiet as the Hawkeyes took a 1-0 lead into halftime. Iowa scored again, as a free kick from senior defender Melanie Pickert doubled the lead in the 80th minute. OSU got on the board in the 86th minute after Prince converted off an assist from sophomore forward Taylor Schissler. The Buckeyes weren’t able to tie it up, giving Iowa the 2-1 win.The Buckeyes are scheduled to play their final game of the regular season against Rutgers on Friday at 7 p.m. at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.
The Portuguese news outlet A Bola have reported that Tottenham Hotspur plot a January swoop for Porto captain Hector Herrera, whose market value stands at around €8 million.According to the same source, the Spurs would like to beat the competition from Barcelona, Inter Milan, Roma, and Arsenal, and grab the 28-year-old midfielder as early as next winter.With Mousa Dembele’s contract set to expire at the end of the ongoing season, and with Victor Wanyama and Moussa Sissoko’s struggle to live up to expectations, Mauricio Pochettino is forced to rush into the market to keep his side competitive on multiple fronts.Virgil van Dijk praises Roberto Firmino after Liverpool’s win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Virgil van Dijk hailed team-mate Roberto Firmino after coming off the bench to inspire Liverpool to a 3-1 comeback win against Newcastle United.Meanwhile, Herrera’s contract is also about to run down in less than a year, and in case Azuis e brancos opt to refuse eventual offers in January, he might leave Estadio do Dragao without a compensation fee next summer.Already established as one of the most solid midfielders in the Portuguese Primeira Liga, the former Pachuca man is known for his pinpoint passing and vision, which is the main reason Pochettino would like to see him in the Premier League.However, considering the fierce competition and Porto’s stubbornness when it comes to negotiations, the north London outfit will have to put maximum effort to close the deal.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, July 11, 2017 – Providenciales – Financial Crimes Detectives of the Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police have arrested and charged a 72 year old man of Providenciales with 88 (eighty-eight) counts of Forgery, 88 (eighty-eight) counts of Uttering Forged Documents, One (1) count of Theft of a Chose in Action and one (1) count of use of Criminal Property in connection with a report made on 10th April 2017.These charges stem from a report that was made, whereby the male stole a large sum of money from an Association Body for which he represented. Investigation revealed that the offences were committed between March 2009 and December 2011. He is presently on Fifty Five Thousand Dollars (USD$55000.00) bail and will appear before the court later this month.Press Release: RTCIPF Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
While we’re definitely in the “aggregation” or “curation” age, many online startups are investing in staff and resources for creating original content (which is more than can be said for many of their peers coming from traditional media). Blodget acknowledges the knocks against HuffPo’s content (paying a few big name writers while plucking content from low-or-unpaid bloggers and generating SEO-bait) but he also says that with HuffPo expected to grow another $20 million to $50 million in revenue that it “will likely hire a lot more New York Times staffers to go with the ones it has already got. In other words, HuffPo will keep getting better.” Blodget doesn’t reveal what he’s paying to generate content, but says “We didn’t make that profit because we’re a sweatshop, by the way.” He claims a 25-person newsroom, (which is larger than many magazines which are generating far more than $4 million and splitting four or five people—if they’re lucky—across print AND digital). He writes,“Our newsroom salaries for full-time employees, for example (which include bonuses and benefits) are now higher than at many companies in the traditional news industry. Because the digital news business is quite different from the traditional news business, we often promote from within, and we’ve had the huge pleasure of watching folks who joined us as interns grow up to take leadership positions. True, we can’t yet toss around the $300,000-$500,000 a year per brand-name columnist that Huffington Post and Daily Beast are now reportedly tossing around. But, in future years, if we keep doing what we think we can do, we should be able to pay our top people a lot more than we do today.”But what’s the cost of growing and getting better? According to Google Analytics, Business Insider has seen a steady rise in traffic, generating nearly 8 million uniques in February (comScore has it at 3.5 million—Blodget says he will address the discrepancy). Meanwhile, financial blogger Felix Salmon estimates that expenses have been growing at the same rate as Business Insider’s audience (spending between 23 cents and 36 cents per unique visitor), and points out that Business Insider has moved away from producing premium content for Wall Street “elites,” after realizing that there’s “no money in micro-publishing.”Many traditional publishers—overleveraged and struggling to meet covenants or lose it all—can’t invest in content (or real lead gen or real marketing services, etc.) But for the rest—many of which are seeing improvements in print and boasting solid margins even through the worst of the downturn, and who HAVE proven there is money in micro-publishing—continuing to operate on a shoestring across all media (even as they consider a metered model) will leave them wondering why business is going to a digital startup. At FOLIO:, we’re used to having to cajole publishers to share metrics to back up the case they’re making for their own success. Kudos then to Henry Blodget (pictured right), CEO of financial news and analysis site Business Insider, who shared the type of proprietary financials that keep most PR heads up at night in a blog about the viability of “digital news” as a business. (The admissions come on the heels of Huffington Post’s $315 million sale—or as one talkbacker to Blodget’s post wrote, “The headline on this post should be: Dear AOL, For your consideration, we’re an excellent Web property too!”) The stats: Business Insider generated $4.8 million in revenue in 2010 (up from $39,495 a couple years ago), mostly from advertising. The company was profitable in 2010 (making $2,127), but Blodget warns it will dip back into the red over the next few quarters, due to aggressive investment, spurred in part by New York State’s capital tax. “Making $2,127 feels about 2,127 times as good as losing money,” he writes. The Costs Of Making Online Content a Real Business
Biolchini says the company is “financialliy solid” and debt-free. “This is an admirable position to cherish and protect during these adverse political and economic times,” he adds. “During the past 15 and a half years I have had the pleasure of working closely with PennWell’s outstanding management team to diversify our business and accelerate our growth and profitability,” says Biolchini in an email to Folio:. Biolchini will continue to be invovled with the company, having been elected as chairman of the board of directors and will remain on the executive committee. Now in the fourth generation of family ownership, it started in 1910 by publishing a single weekly magazine covering international petroleum news and technology. This flagship, Oil & Gas Journal, is still published weekly and is the most widely read petroleum industry publication in the world. PennWell, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, is a major b2b media company that operates in the energy and emergency services markets, among others, with more than 320 profit centers, including 150 print and online magazines and newsletters, and 60 conferences and exhibitions. Biolchini and other PennWell executives have been active in the American Business Media unit of SIIA over the years, with Biolchini currently serving on the association’s board. Bob Biolchini, CEO of 105-year-old PennWell Publishing, is retiring after 15 years as chief executive and being replaced by COO Mark Wilmoth.
Nearly eighty-five per cent of tobacco addicts can quit the habit of consuming nicotine products just by meditation, a study said. The study that commenced in early 2014, conducting tests on 1,021 tobacco addicts of various forms, also found that the person did not relapse into addiction once he had quit the habit through meditation.The study showed 62 per cent of tobacco addicts of various forms who attended regular Yoga classes quit nicotine use within one month, while the non-regulars took a little more time to do so. “Apart from the 62 per cent who had quit tobacco in one month, there were 7.49 per cent who quit tobacco between 2-6 months and 15.47 per cent who quit tobacco after 12 months,” said the study, conducted by Brahma Kumaris centres all across India. Also Read – Add new books to your shelfCalling it Raja Yogi lifestyle, Valsalan Nair, a doctor associated with the Brahma Kumaris sect, said that the entire procedure of the particular lifestyle was associated with health promoting behaviours. “The findings of this study concludes that the Raja Yoga lifestyle is effective in management and relapse prevention among tobacco addicts,” said Nair. The study was published in the Indian Journal of Private Psychiatry. The research was made public by Brahma Kumaris at the ongoing World Health Organization’s (WHO) Framework Convention on Tobacco Control – world’s biggest conference on anti-tobacco policies. Also Read – Over 2 hours screen time daily will make your kids impulsiveExplaining the research, Nair said all the data was collected on one-to-one interview basis after obtaining consent of 1,021 persons spread across 25 states and two Union Territories. “The data was managed centrally at Medical Wing Research and analysed by independent analyst.” According to the study, apart from meditation what also contributed towards quitting the habit was positive thinking classes and satwik food – a vegetarian diet beneficial in developing clarity, concentration and focus that spiritual development requires.
“This security alert caused considerable disruption to a large amount of local residents and I would like to thank those people affected for their support and patience while we dealt with this viable device to make the area safe,” he said.“I would ask anyone who noticed any suspicious activity in the Westland Street area recently, or anyone who knows anything about this incident, to contact detectives at Strand Road Police Station on the non-emergency number 101, quoting reference number 1025 of 10/11/16.“Or if someone would prefer to provide information without giving their details, they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers and speak to them anonymously on 0800 555 111.”VIABLE PIPE BOMB DEVICE FOUND IN DERRY DURING SECURITY ALERT was last modified: November 11th, 2016 by John2John2 Tags: The pipe bomb device found in Derry following a security alertPOLICE have revealed that a suspect device found in the Bogside area of Derry last night was a “viable pipe bomb” device.The deadly device was discovered by a man walking his dog close to the junction of Cable Street and Westland Street near a youth club around 8.45 pm.A number of homes were evacuated and Westland Street was closed off to allow army bomb squad officers to deal with the device. British Army bomb disposal teams were tasked to the scene and following an examition declared it as “‘viable pipe bomb device”.Local Sinn Fein councillor Colly Kelly condemned those behind the incident, which he said caused disruption to many families in the area. ShareTweet bogsideCHIEF INSPECTOR GORDON MCCALMONTcouncillor Colly KellyVIABLE PIPE BOMB DEVICE FOUND IN DERRY DURING SECURITY ALERT He added that the device was found close to a youth club which was packed with young children at the time.PSNI Chief Inspector Gordon McCalmont appealed to the public for information.