The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved a waiver request allowing Florida food stamp recipients to purchase their groceries online.The approval was announced on Saturday, April 11, just one day after Florida’s Governor Ron DeSantis directed the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) to begin developing plans to implement an online purchasing program for Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients.The current federal regulations prohibit SNAP recipients from purchasing groceries online with an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. Last week, Florida submitted a waiver to participate in the USDA’s Online Purchasing Pilot, which ensures Floridians can access nutritious food online through the currently authorized SNAP online retailers like Amazon, ShopRite and Walmart.“Allowing Florida families to purchase groceries online instead of venturing into a public store is a sound practice during this public health emergency and yet another step that will help Florida flatten the curve,” DeSantis said.With the spread of the novel coronavirus, many are concerned that forcing low-income individuals — who are more likely to have serious underlying health conditions — to shop in-store could expose them to unnecessary risk. After the USDA’s approval was announced Saturday, Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried praised the feds for making an exception for Floridians.“I thank the USDA and Secretary [Sonny] Perdue for granting the state’s request to bring safer grocery options to Florida’s families in need,” Fried said.According to USDA, Florida’s SNAP participation is nearly 3 million individuals, about 1.5 million households, and totals nearly $4 billion annually in federal funding.
Valencia returned almost a week ago from Saudi Arabia, where it fell in the semifinal against Real Madrid. But the Super Cup is still present in the black and white offices, where today a ‘party’ is dazzled in the courts. All this for the economic distribution that the Royal Spanish Football Federation decided to make, a distribution against which Valencia was opposed from the outset for feeling aggrieved compared to the rest of the participants and relying on his status as champion of the Copa del Rey. Valencia, as reported by the SER, is increasingly aware of the judicial process. AS already informed before the Celades team traveled to Saudi Arabia that the club had sent the contract presented to it by the signed RFEF but with nuances. Specifically it included his disagreement with the economic distribution and adventure that would take the measures considered appropriate to defend his interests. The RFEF, according to black and white sources, has not returned that modified contract with the signature of Rubiales and nothing suggests that an agreement is reached without the mediation of a judge.The defense of Valencia, among other arguments, takes as a reference the economic conditions received by Barcelona, who attended the event as a League champion such as the Valencia Cup champion. Both clubs, according to the black and white club, made the same merits to be present in Saudi Arabia. Hence, the difference in the economic distribution is considered grievous. Barcelona returned from Jeddah with 6.8 million euros, for the 2.5 million of Valencia. Real Madrid, meanwhile, as champion, exceeded 8 million, while Atlético dividends are around 4.5 million.